- Position: Latitude 26 O 47’ N / Long 53 O 20’ E
- Admiralty Chart: 3409
- Location: Approx. 7 Miles off the mainland coast of Iran
- Water density: 1.028
- Tides: In the range of 1 to 2.20 Meters.
Vessels should approach from the South which is open and free of danger.
- Anchorage: About 2 miles east of the oil loading dock
- Medical Facilities: Available for emergency cases.
- Water & provisions: Not Available.
- Cargo: Lavan Blend Crude Oil
- Supplier/Operator: Iran Offshore Oil Company. (IOOC)
- Pilotage is compulsory. Pilot boards vessel at anchorage.
- Working hours: 24 hours a day.
Berths at Lavan Island Jetty
Lavan Jetty consists of 2 berths with an overall length of 378 meters. The outer berth (No.1) enjoys a water depth of 21.l3 Meters above CD, while the inner berth (No.2) has a water depth of 19.88 M above CD.
The capacity for berth No.1 is 150,000-225,000 MT DWT, Max arrival displacement 120,000 MT with maximum sailing draft of 19.20 M. And for berth No.2 a DWT of 25,000-65,000 with maximum sailing draft of 10.35 Meters.
- Connections: Normally 3 x 16” arms
- Rate of loading: 35,000-45,000 BBLS/Hrs.
- Side alongside: Normally starboard side alongside at both berths.
- Position: Latitude 026O 45.5’ N / Long 053O 20.8’ E
- Maximum Allowable DWT: 300,000 Tons
- Water depth at SBM is about 40 Meters.
- Berthing operations are carried out during daylight only.
- No oily discharge from any source is allowed, and clean ballast & pipelines must be ensured.
- Necessary arrangements should be made to accommodate on board at least seven (7) terminal staff while vessel is secured to SBM.
No restrictions in terms of arrival displacement, height of manifold, LOA, and draft.
Vessels calling Lavan SBM must be equipped with the following:
- Operational Inert Gas System.
- Operational ODME (Oil Discharge Monitoring Equipment)
- Approved type of bow fitting for SBM mooring.
- Crane or derrick on each side of mid-ship with minimum SWL of 10 Tons for handling cargo hoses.
- Accommodation ladders should be in good condition on both sides.
- 2 x 16-inch cargo manifolds on each side (Port and Starboard)
- Two smith brackets on forecastle head one on each side (port and starboard).
EDP at Lavan Island
Early Departure procedure (EDP) is available at both the jetty and Lavan SBM. Vessels not sailing on EDP basis must wait for 2-3 hours after completion of loading to collect cargo documents.